The Heritage Music Foundation
The primary objective of the Foundation is to establish and operate a permanent, year-round public facility to be named the Gospel House® in Los Angeles area of Southern California. It will be available as a performing arts center for the world community to host performing arts events, educational functions, awards celebrations, and community functions. The proposed complex will house the world’s finest Gospel music history and education center. Closely tied into this mission is the vision to mentor young people.
The mentoring vision of Heritage is to teach performing arts to younger generations of Americans while teaching them appreciation for the legacy of Gospel Music. By doing so we will help them to establish pride in this unique art form and develop an appreciation for the performance of Gospel Music.
The concept and vision for the creation of this facility originated with Dr. Margaret Pleasant Douroux, who established the Heritage Music Foundation. Providing assistance from the outset was Donald Douroux, her husband.
The Foundation is governed by a national board and run by staff members of the Foundation.
Partial List of Supporters
* Rev. James Cleveland (The Late) – Multi-award winner
* Rev. Clay Evans, Pastor Emeritus, Fellowship Baptist Church, Chicago
* V. Michael McKay – Dove Award Winning composer, director
* Edwin Hawkins – Founder of the Music & Arts Seminar, Inc.
* Richard Smallwood – Recording Artist
* Bobby Jones – Gospel Variety Show TV Host
* Edna Tatum-Legendary Gospel radio announcer
* Rodena Preston – Executive Administrator, GMWA Board
* Dr. Jacqueline Dje Dje- UCLA Department of Ethnomusicology
* Dr. Rev. Earl A. Pleasant, Vice President, National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.
* Dr. Hansonia Caldwell, Emertius Faculty, Music Department Cal State University Dominguez Hills